Specialty Glulams Timber
Unlike most other structural timber beams, glulam beams are regularly displayed as the finished product as they add warmth and beauty to a building.
Glulam timber beams have many great benefits:
- Available in longer lengths
- Greater spanning capabilities than traditional sawn timber
- Fewer supporting timber posts are needed
- Allows for more flexible designs
- Retains the ease of using timber during construction.
IS YOUR GLULAM TIMBER GUARANTEED?
Not all glulams get used in structural applications, but where they do, Austim recommends they are produced by members of the Glue Laminated Timber Association of Australia (GLTAA), which guarantees that all products comply with Australian Standards (AS 1328).
- Cypress Pine (Durabeams) GL10
- Radiata Pine (Non-Treated or H3) GL13
- Australian Hardwood Timber GL18
- Cypress Durabeam from 126 x 40mm right up to 462 x 130mm and 18 metres long
- Radiata Pine from 126 x 38mm right up to 630 x 130mm and 18 metres long
- Australian Hardwood from 150 x 38mm right up to 600 x 115mm and 18 metres lomg
All specialty glulams are manufactured in the eastern states, so lead times for manufacture and transport need to be considered. Contact us for more details.