- Orange brown to red brown
- Decking, Joinery, Marine
- External Structures, General Construction
Alternatives (by colour)
Features & Benefits
- Plantation grown
- Suitable in exposed situations when properly maintained
- Moderately durable, sapwood is H3 MicroPro treated
- Moderately light hardwood
Botanical & Other Names
- Swietenia macrophylla
- Not formally certified but is plantation grown timber.
- The wood grain is variable can be interlocked or wavy. Texture moderately fine.
- Nails and glues well, easy to work with sharp tools
- Termite Resistance Resistant
- Lyctid Susceptibility Resistant due to H3 Treatment
- Bushfire Not Rated unless treated with suitable fire retardant system
- Fire Properties Group 3 – Slightly combustible
- Sawn thickness 25, 38, 50, 75 & 100mm
- Sawn width from 50mm to 300mm (25mm increments)
- For finished dressed and profiled products refer to Austim sizing chart or contact us.
- Length range 0.9m to 5.7m