Timber flooring specialists
At Austim, we have all the answers when it comes to timber flooring. That’s because we’re specialists in solid timber flooring supply.
You’ll benefit from our succinct attention to detail and quality control systems that ensure you’ll always get the very best timber for your project.
Quality timber flooring, guaranteed
Our business operates under an ISO 9001 quality management system, which guarantees that every pack of timber flooring we receive into our yard must:
- Be sampled to ensure it meets specification
- Have samples oven tested to determine accurate moisture content levels.
These steps are carefully recorded, with all paperwork attached to the timber flooring when it leaves our yard. That way, you or your timber flooring installers can take moisture levels into account when considering acclimatisation requirements.
While we don’t carry out timber flooring installation ourselves, we work very closely with many installation companies that we highly recommend. Ask us about our Austim-approved tradespeople today.
COMPLEX TIMBER FLOORING, MADE EASY
When it comes to selecting which solid timber Perth buyers can use for timber flooring projects, the combinations can be almost endless. With considerations like width, thickness and grade to take into account, choosing timber flooring can be a complicated task.
At Austim, we’re dedicated to simplifying the selection process. (we supply only, we are not an installation company, but can certainly recommend professional installers to you)
CHOOSING YOUR TIMBER:
As a natural product, timber colour is likely to vary. However, we can generally group different species into colour categories: See our Flooring Gallery
- Light—Victorian ash
- Light / medium—American white oak, Eastern states blackbutt
- Medium / dark—Jarrah, Marri
Timber also varies in its grain appearance:
- Straight grain—Victorian ash
- Mixed grain—American white oak, eastern states blackbutt, jarrah, marri,
You can use the following to see how we grade our timber:
- Natural or feature grade (lots of character left in)—Eastern states blackbutt, jarrah, marri
- Standard / better grade (some character left in)—Eastern states blackbutt, jarrah,
- Select grade (limited character left in)—American white oak, eastern states blackbutt, jarrah
PRICE POINT (TIMBER SUPPLY ONLY)
Pricing also varies—here we have grouped them in price brackets:
- Lower range ($40-$75 per sqm)—Eastern states blackbutt (feature grade), jarrah, marri
- Medium range ($75-$100 per sqm)—Eastern states blackbutt, American white oak
Learn about expectations for completed timber floors - Info Sheet #1 prepared by the ATFA